Jan 11, 2012
from 12:30 PM to 05:00 PM
|Where||Institution of Civil Engineers|
|Add event to calendar||
Innovation in Construction
The Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction will be taking a central role in a national infrastructure event, ‘Innovation in Construction’, to be held at the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) on Wednesday 11 January 2012. The event will examine the drivers behind the accelerated evolution of the construction industry and look at the innovative technologies and processes moving it forward.
The programme for the afternoon includes presentations from:
- Paul Morrell, Chief Construction Advisor to the UK Government
- Ray O’Rourke, Chairman & Chief Executive, Laing O’Rourke
- Bill Hewlett, Technical Director, Costain
- Scott Steedman, Director of Products and Services, BRE
- Steve Denton, Director of Engineering, Parsons Brinckerhoff
- Robert Mair, Head of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Kenichi Soga, Professor of Civil Engineering, University of Cambridge
- Duncan McFarlane, Professor of Industrial Information Engineering, University of Cambridge
Session chairs include Sir John Parker, President of the Royal Academy of Engineering and Peter Hansford, Executive Director, The Nichols Group. ICE are producing this event in association with the Royal Academy of Engineering and the University of Cambridge’s Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction.
Due to high demand the live event is now fully booked. However, the lecture is available to watch online, either live with the opportunity to ask questions or later at a more convenient time.
For more information about the event, or to register for the live broadcast, visit http://www.ice.org.uk/iic