CSIC and the Sensors & Instrumentation Group of ESP KTN invites you to its Sensing and Measurement for Infrastructure event, supported by our partners the Measurement Network. It will give access to state-of-the art research outcomes and networking opportunities with senior industry executives from the construction and instrumentation supply-chains.
This event will:
- Provide networking opportunities with senior executives of international construction firms and leading academics from the UK’s top universities, as well as the wider commercial sensors and instrumentation supply chain.
- Showcase academic technologies and programmes from the CSIC and other university research centres - with a focus on technologies relevant to sensor networks for engineering analysis of new-build or existing infrastructure.
- Highlight the underpinning metrology issues (Units of measure, standards, traceability and buy-in) associated with sensors and systems, to identify common problems requiring industry-level solutions.
- Via themed workshops, derive some consensus on the potential impact and best way forwards for two critical focus areas identified by the speakers.
Who should attend?
- Those working in infrastructure design, validation, construction, maintenance and operations, who seek to minimise costs and delivery risks by using sensors and sensor systems
- Academic researchers in sensors, sensor systems , metrology, and novel energy-harvesting power sources
- Commercial developers of sensors or instrumentation who seek new technologies or opportunities to enter the infrastructure market.
- Those working in public policy and funding