The journal will be co-edited by Dr Jennifer Schooling, Director of CSIC, and Professor Kenichi Soga, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of California, Berkeley, USA and CSIC Co-Investigator.
Smart Infrastructure and Construction will provide a learned forum for documenting changes caused by the global adoption of emerging digital technology in the design, construction and management of infrastructure assets. These radical changes will lead to greater efficiency, economy, adaptability and sustainability in the way our infrastructure is delivered and operated.
Working in collaboration with CSIC the journal will publish original research papers, briefings, discussions and reviews. The journal will appear quarterly in a digital-only format and will provide free access to its content throughout 2017 and 2018 to allow for the widest dissemination of its findings.
Contributions to the inaugural issues of Smart Infrastructure and Construction are welcome. Suggested topics include, but are not limited to:
- adaptive structure design and construction
- additive layer manufacturing in construction
- automated infrastructure construction systems
- citizens as sensors
- city-scale infrastructure planning and operations
- city-scale simulations and data analytics
- deterioration modelling
- digital engineering and BIM
- infrastructure resilience
- offsite manufacture and innovative manufacturing methods
- performance-based design and maintenance
- sensing solutions for infrastructure monitoring
- smart cities
- smart construction technology
- value of sensing
- whole-life cost and value
If you would like to consider writing a paper for the inaugural issue of Smart Infrastructure and Construction, or would like more information about the publication, see http://www.icevirtuallibrary.com/page/jsmic/promo.